The following is a communication that has been shared with Generations at Elmwood Park’s residents, family members and guests on COVID-19 concerns and visitor restrictions.
Dear Family Members, Visitors and Residents,
At this time, we would like to make it clear that we are limiting visitors to the Facility.
Until further notice – the following VISITOR RESTRICTIONS are in place to protect your loved ones from the spread of respiratory infection:
- No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed into the Facility.
- Only essential visits are allowed – this means you should only visit if your loved one is on hospice or requires your visit for their psychosocial well-being. When in doubt, stay home.
If you decide to make an essential visit, the following applies:
- If you have “flu-like” symptoms, stay home until you are better.
- If you have a fever, stay home until you have been fever free for at least 72 straight hours, without medical intervention.
- If you have been in an area with a documented COVID-19 outbreak or had contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, stay home for the 14-day incubation period.
- You will be subject to a pre-visit screening and you may have your temperature taken. If you are unwilling to comply with this screening, please postpone your visit.
- You must utilize hand hygiene practices (use of sanitizer) before you proceed past the front desk.
- Visitors should limit their access to their loved one’s room only and avoid common areas.
Further, we have cancelled all non-essential resident outings and all activities will take place in the facility.
If you have any questions about this, or any earlier update, please do not hesitate to contact the Facility Administrator or the Facility’s Director of Nursing.